Often activities look fantastic on the internet but are not easy when you try them yourselves. THIS IS NOT THAT ACTIVITY! These melted bead bowls were super easy and every bowl was fantastically different!
It is as simple as
- heating your oven to 200 degrees celsius
- finding a small oven proof bowl as a mould
- spraying the inside of the bowl with some cooking oil (the oil allows the beads to stick to the walls of the bowl)
- pouring some beads into the bowl and lightly pressing so the inside of the bowl is covered with one layer of beads
- carefully place the bowl in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the beads have melted
- using oven gloves, remove the bowls and then carefully remove the melted beaded bowl from its mold.
- Wash in warm soapy water to remove the cooking oil
- You now have a very bright and colourful little storage container!